Thursday 21 May 2015

Raving about Rhys- Jessica Ryland



Callie is a young girl who works at Bay View Care Home. She enjoys her job and loves chatting to the residents. But she often falls foul of her boss who is not very tolerant with her.

She met her older boyfriend when he came round to assess the care home for his employer. But life with him means stopping in when girls her age are going out having fun.

Her favourite resident Ruby has a grandson that everyone presumes is a figment of her imagination as he never seems to visit.

I loved the scenes where Callie took the residents out - her sense of responsibility for them. She's capable of taking charge and I loved the ending.

This was a short novella- but it has made me go straight into reading her book Searching for Steven. A new author for me- but I can see me following her work! I wanted Callie's life to improve and was rooting for her!

With many thanks to the publisher- So Vain books and Net Galley for a copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment