Wednesday 14 January 2015

31 THINGS- WEEK ONE- JEWELLERY

I found a lovely site on facebook - Adien Crafts. I love everything that she makes - she uses lots of natural stones and tells you the meaning about them. One of my first pieces was Mookaite which is only found in one part of Australia. I love the colours that it comes in  and soon got tempted to join the 'Mookie Club' with Di and have further matching items join my collection!


Mookaite is an Australian jasper that combines the lighter colors of yellow and red jasper. It encourages the desire for new experiences and helps to keep a balance between external activities and the internal response to these. It imparts a deep calm while encouraging versatility.

Mookaite is a stone of strength, and decision making.

In Australia, mookaite was and still is considered to be a healing stone that bestows strength. It is said to shield the wearer from difficult situations and to connect us to loved ones who have passed away. It is believed to bring us into the "here and now," aiding with problem assessment and decision making.
Meditation with mookaite jasper increases your flexibility and your ability to see several solutions to any problem.

Healing properties of mookaite

Mookaite is often used to treat glandular or stomach disorders, hernias, ruptures and water retention, and yoga enthusiasts use it to balance and open the first, second and third chakras.




Now anything that can do all that- has got to be special hasn't it! I just love the colours.

She also made me a very pretty set to wear at Mairaed and Mike's wedding that matched my dress perfectly. I must add a photo! I've bought several presents from her and she's made things specially for some people.


I do have to wear a watch at all times. Although I don't often look at it- if I don't have one I need to know the time every 5 minutes or so. I haven't joined the modern world using my phone for all tasks! So I still have a simple watch- unfortunately- although I spent a fortune on a replacement battery that has a lifetime guarantee (ie a free second battery)- I've cracked the face and need to buy a new one.


The only other thing that I wear every day is my wedding ring. I do have a sapphire and diamond engagement ring - but the back has snapped so I need to get it repaired. We've been married 25 years this October and my wedding ring has gone very worn - so I think I might buy a new one for our Silver Wedding anniversary,

No comments:

Post a Comment