Monday 18 August 2014

It's Monday. What are you reading?

 I've been busy reading some books from Net Galley which is a review site. I went a bit mad requesting books- so now I need to read them and provide the reviews!

Yesterday I read a couple of very short but fun reads (only 40 pages each).  They are perfect beach reads- describing a round the world trip 3 friends are making after finishing their Uni Degrees. Their first stop is LA and the second is Miami. I think they venture into Europe in the next books

These books really are perfect for an unexpected free half an hour or so - that you need to fill in the best way possible- with a nice, easy read.
 Part 1 of Summer Flings – a fun, flirty and laugh out loud rom com series of short stories.

Armed with a degree from Oxford that she doesn’t have a clue what to do with, Ciara Bree convinces her two best friends, Elle and Gem to spend their first summer of freedom backpacking across the globe. Now it’s time to shop, sunbathe, think about boys for a change, and party hard…

First stop: LA!

The girls hit Tinseltown for a few days of shopping, star spotting, and even a movie premiere!

But their plan to sneak into an exclusive celeb party in West Hollywood backfires. Elle’s gorgeous older cousin, Zack, is called to the rescue and despite knowing she should stay away, Ciara just can’t seem to resist him.
The ideal summer treat for those relaxing days soaking up the sun!
Part 2 of Summer Flings – a fun, flirty and laugh out loud rom com series of short stories.

The girls are off to a beach house to catch some rays – and if they play their cards right – super hot guys!

With drinking games in the name of Gucci, a surprise visit from a very pissed off Zack and hunks galore, Miami is turning into their best stop yet. Not to mention Ciara finally comes up with a way to have her cake and eat it too!

The ideal summer treat for those relaxing days soaking up the sun!


Pop over to the Book Journey to see what everyone is reading.

4 comments:

  1. Yep, that's just what I'm reading right now...mindless escapism...wonderful mindless escapism!

    Here's my It's Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on my review stacks too. I hit NetGalley and Edelweiss this past weekend to rebuild my review stack. You can see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Netgalley is dangerous :) I have to space out my visits otherwise it's so easy to get carried away.
    Enjoy your week!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had my NetGalley weakness moments. These sound like my kind of books. Looks like a great week. I love beach reads but when I'm at the beach I find myself just gazing at the water for hours. Thanks so much for sharing. Have a great week reading. New follower My It's Monday

    ReplyDelete