Saturday 25 January 2014

Trying a New Recipe every week

We're trying to keep up with our 2014 challenges- so our life in 6 words includes- TRYING A NEW RECIPE EVERY WEEK.
Guy is joining in aswell- so we are a little bit ahead of schedule- but I know from past experience that we tend to fall by the wayside in a few weeks! So hoping 2014 is the year we keep trying new things. Tonight we tried Haggies, Neeps and Tatties - which is probably cheating as a new recipe because it's only really mashed swede and mashed potato! Holly knew it was something interesting before the packet was open- so it must have a really strong smell. We also tried Lemon Surprise pudding last night- this was a new recipe for a pudding that we used to love. We can't find the old recipe so keep trying to recreate it. We're not there yet- but more of the huge bag of lemons used up! We also watched  WhiteHouse Down last night- which was really good.





SMALL- these are Guatamalan Worry dolls. You are supposed to be able to tell each doll a worry and pop them under your pillow for them to magic that worry away. What a lovely thought that you could achieve that overnight whilst you sleep. It reminds me a little bit about the DreamCatcher we had to buy Amy when she was younger. She suffered a bout of nightmares and on holiday they have a lovely Native American shop and lots of different dreamcatchers. She liked the idea that they would catch the bad dreams and was most insistent that it worked!


9 comments:

  1. Good idea.. I keep wondering about an old recipe file I had..hoping I may find it when I get today. .still have rooms to sort from last year's room refurbs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love trying new recipes. I get quite a few of mine off of Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoyed the Haggis. My cooking blog is full of new recipes if you are looking for inspiration http://farmersgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. the pudding sounds lovely , not sure about the haggis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new recipe a week idea, I am sure you can keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your idea for new recipes./ But my men are traditionalists. I cook only what they like to eat. Too bad./
    I had not heard of these dolls. / Normal for me foreigner - smile! /

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We like trying different foods- although the girls are a bit picky! They sold these little dolls at our German Christmas market and they are so tiny they are cute!

      Delete