Friday 16 March 2012

BLISS 76:365


The weekend will start here for Emma. She'll get back from school, have a cuppa with a nice piece of carrot cake and the latest Take A Break. Magazines are her new obsession. It's lovely to see her enjoying her reading.

My sisters operation was a success- they managed to reverse the procedure she had a couple of years ago. It will make a huge difference to her. She is still very groggy- and yesterday the nurses expected her to get up and sit in the chair. But she's still attached to drainage and drips and painkillers. No one actually helped her- not sure she's actually capable at the moment. They also left her sealed sandwich- and after chemo she was left with problems with the feeling in her fingers and feet. So she couldn't actually open it. My mum opened it when she visited- but said it was very dry and unappetising anyway. They don't use butter.

I'm feeling a bit touchy today- cos my one aunt has already started rumblings about whether my cousins are needed to take my mum shopping etc.I have asked if she needs to go- but my mum is almost impossible to help. She won't ask- so you have to guess what she needs and provide it! My one cousin took my mum and niece home after visiting last night. My fil has also been in hospital- so yesterday my dh visited him. She has just succeded in making me feel guilty that we aren't doing enough to help.

9 comments:

  1. Kim think you need some (((((hugs)))) today, family are really difficult to understand and'read'at times and you seem to be having your fair share at the moment. Pleased your sister's op is successful but sad to hear that she was left with no help to sit in chair and open her unappetising sandwich. Love and more hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. sending you some calming ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) life sounds very stressful for you at the moment.glad to hear your sisters op was a successes.It is so sad that she can't get all the care she needs.hope your FIL is ok

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like you would need a little treat just for you Kim, may be a bubbly bath or a bit of crafting or even just a walk with Holly. When I am upset I get Bubbles on a long walk and it always lifts my spirit. It's great news that your sister's operation was successful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pleased that your sisters op was a success. Don't worry about your Aunt you know that you are doing all you can, so don't feel guilty - I know it's easier to say than do. Hope that your fil gets better as well. You have a lot on your plate at the moment, do as Anne says and give yourself a little treat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know a lot about your situation but I know that some people just can't help themselves and use the old "guilt trip" again and again. They don't figure on my "normal and nice people" list. Just don't let them walk over you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear your sisters op was a success - I wish her a speedy road to recovery x Families eh??

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to see that your sister is recovering even though slowly. I'm sending you lots of Hugs, and don't forget to get yourself a treat,from reading your blog you have done everything you can in the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of (((hugs))) Kim, don't let her get you down. Easy for me to say from here I know.
    I'm glad to hear about your sisters op outcome. How long will she take to recover?

    Emma looks like she has a good plan :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't see any reason for you to feel guilty Kim. If your mum won't say what she needs and expects you all to guess, then I would just let your cousin take some of the weight off your shoulders.

    ReplyDelete